Sunday 2 December 2012

Puerto Madryn y Peninsula Valdes

Although we were meant to leave Buenos Aires with the truck, we had to change plan since the truck wasn't even in Uruguay yet. Our backup mean of transport was a first class bus with 160 degrees inclination seats, food and drinks served on board! Made the 17 hours trip more than bearable!!

We are in Puerto Madryn until tomorrow and the last 2 days have been fantastic! Great wild life encounter with Magellan Pinguins, Right whales, dolphins, elephant seals, sea lions, guanacos, mara (cross between a rabbit and kangaroo). Today I've been diving around/in a wreck called Albatros 700m off the shore. It is a 37m vessel that got drowned in 1998. Although I haven't dived for 4 years, I got away with not doing the refreshing course which saved me about 80 quid and quite some time. Things went great, even got to dive in the vessel whoch was a bit scary as the entrance was pitch black. After the dive, we went to chill with the sea lions. A great experience having them swimming and playing around us. I got to try my new waterproof camera and I must say that I am hugely impressed with the result. Any picture shown on this blog, appart from hipstamatic pictures, are coming from it! I will try and show videos too but internet speed is a bit of a problem...

On the road...

Road in Peninsula Valdes

Nanard le Canard bonding with Magellan Pinguins

Magellan Pinguins


On the way to see Elephant Seals

Elephant Seals chilling in the sun

Nanard le Canard with a whale skeleton

Great view to bay

Nanard le Canard enjoying the Right whale show

Right whale striking a pose for me


Sea Lion (video to come)


No comments:

Post a Comment