Sunday 5 May 2013

Back with the group (End of Ecuador and Peru...)

After 5 days spent in Galapgos, I am back with the group in Banos. Someone on the boat has pointed out at me that I never say I but I say WE. It is true that during the trip, it is very rare not to be the group or doing activities by myself. Anyhow, it met with them again and it was a great pleasure.
Banos is known for its outdoor activities and although the town is very average, it has a great craftmarket... I also decided to join a rafting session down the rio verde. Although the scenery wasn't as good as Bariloche, the rafting was really exciting...

En route...

We are now in Cuenca for a couple of days to chill in what is a great colonial town. After a night in a micro brewery, I am going out to wander in town...





And we are off to the beach, still going down south of Peru, to Hua Punta Sal. We are camping on the beach, in front of a restaurant/hotel with a direct view on the ocean. On the next day, I am spending the morning in Mancora for my first ever surf lesson. No picture of it but you have to believe me when I say that I stood on the board. What a great feeling!!








En route again...

We stick to the coast and spend a day in Huanchaco. From there, we spend a few hours visiting Chan Chan and "moche" archeological sites. The rest of the day is about chilling along the beach...










And off we go again. This time it is goodbye to the beach for another few days are we are going to Huaraz. It means going up to 3000m but on a road that climbs over 4000m. From there I am going for a day trek to Laguna 69. My highest and toughest walk ever as the lakes tops at 4450m with a very steep last part. However, the scenery is amazing and well worth the effort...







































Then it is road again to Lima. Our first real big city since Quito and also where we say goodbye to Pete... I decide to go for a walk on my own and a visit of Huaca Pucllana, a archeological site right in the middle of the city. In the evening, I am going back there with Jeanne to enjoy the posh restaurant situated just next to it. Great food and brilliant view on the ruins...

























From Lima we keep going south and stop for a bushcamp in Paracas park. The next morning, we are getting on a boat to enjoy the Ballestas Islands... Peru's equivalent to Galapagos (hum...)



























Then we are moving to Huanachica. An Oasis surrended by sand dunes. We are going on a great day/night of sand dune buggy ride with sandboarding, sleeping in the sand under the stars. Sandboarding by night being a cracker!











Well, that's it for now. More to come very soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment