Monday 24 June 2013

Uruguay and back home...

this will be my last post for this trip. Weird to write it from home actually!
As we get back to Buenos Aires, it is time to say good bye to half the group. It is strange to be back to BA, knowing the hotel, knowing the surrounding. It is actually the first any only time that we arrived in a already known place.
After a last meal and emotional goodbyes, we are heading for our ferry to Uruguay, my 10th and last country. Our first stop is Colonia which is a nice relaxed town on the coast. My first impression when I get there is that Autumn is upon us with colder temperatures, brown falling leaves. It is also strange to be "only" a dozen people.


As we are back in the truck, we are heading east to Punta del Este, a very posh beach resort. Prices are stupidly expensive and the city is completely dead. A weird sensation as weather isn't great either. However, due to low season prices, we are staying in a very nice hotel. Time for some chillin' and walk along the beach...
We then went to Punta del Diablo. A very chilled little village. We've stayed in a very pretty little backpackers hostel only a couple of minutes from the beach. I went for a 3 horus walk on the beach followed by 2 nice local dogs. In the evening, after a barbecue organised by the staff for a birthday, I joined a little group to one of the most random bars I've ever been to! A really great night though...






It was then time to get to Montevideo where we said goodbye to the truck. A very strange moment as we had to empty what was left of your stuff so the truck can go and get parked for the winter...
On the following day, we went for 2 wine tasting outside Montevideo after having enjoyed more meat at one of the market restaurants.







After a pretty heavy last night in Montevideo, it was time to get back to Buenos Aires for the third and last time...






In the morning, it was time to finish packing and head to the airport for my flight! The end of an amazing travel thanks to Odyssey Overland. So special thanks to Kirsten, Pete, Graham and Rogan!

Last photo is my niece enjoying a few of the presents I've brought back!
Thanks to all who have followed me through my 7 months travel. I hope you've enjoyed the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment